Each spring Maurice Lindley, pro trainer from South Carolina, puts on two training seminars for pointing dogs at our kennel. General information on these seminars is included below.
The Foundation Seminar begins Saturday morning and continues through lunch on Sunday. It covers:
- Training with pigeons in remote launchers and Higgins releasers.
- Introducing pups to birds and gunfire, and building prey drive.
- Introducing the pinch-collar, e-collar, and stand command.
- Beginning the steadying process, and backing.
- Introducing older dogs to this method.
The Foundation Seminar is $275 with a dog and $225 without a dog. Your spouse or child is welcome to accompany you ($50). A continental breakfast and hot lunch are provided both days and a non-refundable deposit ($50) is required to reserve your spot.
The Advanced Seminar follows the Foundation Seminar and begins after lunch on Sunday and all day Monday. It covers:
- Transitioning your dog from pigeons to quail.
- Training with quail in releasers.
- Training on planted quail.
- Advanced use of the e-collar.
- Backing and Problem solving.
The Advanced Seminar is $275 with a dog and $225 without a dog and focuses mainly on quail work. Requirements for the Advanced Seminar include taking a previous Maurice seminar or training with Maurice. Your spouse is welcome to accompany you ($50). Pizza and beer are provided Sunday night and a continental breakfast and hot lunch are provided Monday. A non-refundable deposit ($50) is required to reserve your spot.
We have a great time and hope you will join us. Please email Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-774-2763 for more information and to sign-up. We will provide you with a seminar schedule, motel information, and directions.
MAURICE LINDLEY SEMINAR 2019
Pro-trainer Dave Jones Assisting
Foundation Class April 13-14
Advanced Class April 14-15
Piney Run Kennel, Baskerville (near South Hill), VA